WE ARE LOOKING FOR
PROGRAMMERS AND TESTERS
Global information technology and consulting group NRD Companies will contribute to the implementation of Saint Kitts and Nevis National Statistics Development Strategy (2015-2020) by developing the Statistical Business Register. The 6 months long contract was signed with the Ministry of Sustainable Development of St. Kitts and Nevis.
Good, reliable statistics is essential for measuring progress in reaching development goals and providing essential information about the effectiveness of country’s policies and programs. It helps governments improve their work as well as be transparent and accountable about the delivery of results.
The GSKN has prepared the National Statistics Development Strategy (2015-2020) in an effort to address existing deficiencies and improve overall statistical capacity. The goal of the NSDS is to strengthen the National Statistics System (NSS) by developing an integrated, harmonized and coordinated system which generates adequate, relevant, coherent, timely and quality statistics to meet national, regional and international data needs; guide national development planning; and facilitate monitoring and evaluation of programmes and initiatives.
Design and construction of a Statistical Business Register which is an object of the contract with NRD Companies are part of this strategy. The system will cover the following functional areas:
- Data collection from various data sources;
- Data preservation;
- Analysis and queries (including visualization);
- Data dissemination (transferring / sharing / publication).
St. Kitts and Nevis is an upper-middle income country with strong development indicators. Over the last three decades, SKN experienced sustainable economic growth as it transitioned from an agricultural to a service-based economy, with tourism being the main source of employment.
Tanzanian Business Registrations and Licensing Agency (BRELA) signed an agreement with global information technology and consulting group NRD Companies that will design and develop an Online Registration System at BRELA.
The Online Registration System (ORS) solution will automate registration processes for BRELA, increase efficiency of the government services and improve the customer experience. Once the system is implemented, users will be able to apply for the Business Name Registration, Company Registration, Industrial License Registration ,Trade and Service Marks Registration and Patents Registration online. ORS will also contain elements specifically developed for collaboration and provision of electronic services between institutions.
“BRELA is committed to continuous improvement of business environment in Tanzania. We have already taken multiple measures to simplify business registration, to make it more efficient and appealing for both domestic and foreign investors. Development of an Online Registration System will help to streamline the procedures and modernise our services, make them quick and easily accessible which is expected to increase willingness of businesses to register and operate legally. Hopefully, this will eventually contribute to job creation and inclusive economic growth”, commented BRELA representative.
The project focuses on both immediate and long term needs of BRELA. NRD Companies will design and develop a flexible Online Registration System and all required back-office systems, integrate them with existing legacy applications of BRELA and other key stakeholders, implement cyber resilience – data backup and recovery – mechanisms and train BRELA staff to operate the system. They will also consult BRELA, focusing on longer term goals, providing analysis of current legal environment and technical maturity of Tanzanian infrastructure, identifying gaps and defining the way forward for further BRELA modernization.
“I commend BRELA’s dedication to this as a business transformation project with business objectives rather than a purely technical task. It is not enough for the technology to work smoothly – the real outcome of institutions’ work must correspond to the promises to help investors and entrepreneurs to start and do business – to overcome bureaucracy, multiplicity of institutions involved and getting all paperwork done, among other things. We will assist BRELA in addressing these issues and our Tanzanian team at NRD East Africa will be responsible for on-site deployment support throughout the entire project as well as post-implementation maintenance”, commented the Managing Director of Norway Registers Development AS Rimantas Zylius.
NRD Companies is a global information technology and consulting group of companies specialized in governance and economic digital infrastructure development. NRD Companies currently consists of Norway Registers Development AS with subsidiaries NRD UAB, ETRONIKA UAB, Norway Registers Development East Africa Ltd, Norway Registers Development Rwanda Ltd and Infobank Uganda Ltd.
NRD Companies is a part of INVL Technology (Nasdaq Vilnius: INC1L) portfolio and implements projects in more than 50 countries worldwide.
On 30th of August of this year UAB „NRD“ has signed a contract with The Customs Department under the Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Lithuania for the development and operational support of Integrated Tariff Management System (ITVS) services. The value of the contract is 664 362,60 EUR (including VAT).
Objectives of the project are:
- to perform the development of ITVS, adapting it to changes in systems administered by EK and other needs of integrated subsystems of Customs Information System;
- to ensure the relevance of the processing of customs declarations, the execution of customs control measures, the quality of the application of supplied electronic consultations for executives regarding tariff and non-tariff regulating measures;
- to expand the volume of data provided to the EK, ensure stable and effective operation of ITVS;
- to comply the performed functions with the legal acts of the EU, Lithuania and requirements for activities of customs, ensure compatibility with other integrated subsystems of MIS and external IS.
The services of the development and extension of ITVS start on November 1st 2016 (duration – 33 months) and operational support services start on January 1st 2017 (duration – 33 months).
On 19th of August of this year UAB „NRD“ has signed a contract for the assignment „Development and Maintenance of Resource Management Information System (AVS)“ with UAB „Staticus“. UAB „Staticus“ – one of the biggest designer and manufacturer of building’s facades in Europe.
Resource Management Information System (AVS) software preliminary will be developed in 6 months using PHP, MySQL and other technologies. Functionality of the software will comprise of sales, supply chain, manufacture and logistics processes management. AVS will be integrated with a Financial accounting software, projects database, design and other software. The final product will be adjusted to the design process according Building Information Modeling (BIM) methods currently being implemented in UAB “Staticus”.
Educational project NRD ACADEMY took place in the office of UAB NRD all the month of July. The participants could acquire some knowledge, expose their abilities in technologies and experience daily life of NRD in special work places that have been established particularly for the event.
Only part of twenty registered participants has finished lectures of the NRD academy, and three students showing their best abilities has been offered a job position in NRD Company!
Despite the fact that UAB NRD performed the project for the first time, results has fascinated both the organizers and participants. Therefore it is expected to continue the project in the near future.
For easier and efficient registration of enterprises, Liberia Revenue Authority (LRA) and Liberia Business Registry (LBR) are sharing a single-point of registration. LBR uses a system developed by NRD for the business registration called LBRS. While the two service providers have synched their processes manually, there exists no electronic data exchange among them. The disconnection between the two systems has resulted into a gap of registered businesses, registered taxpayers and inaccurate information of taxpayers in databases.
Regarding to this problem the objective of the upgrade project is to redesign & implement an integrated business and taxpayer registration process by means of automated data exchange between LBRS and SIGTAS, and minimal data entry by LRA and LBR staffs.
With the received financing toward the cost of an Integrated Public Financial Management Reform Project, The Republic of Liberia now continues the development aiming to perform tasks of this assignment:
- Assess and validate current state of single-point registration procedure in LBR specifically the coordination between LBR and LRA.
- Redesign the single-point registration procedure for enterprise registration including the issuance of TINs as part of this process.
- Design data exchange processes that include controls for monitoring and error handling.
- Upgrade existing LBRS to interface with SIGTAS for enterprise registration and maintenance of data in each system.
- Specify the required hardware, integration components, licenses, network equipment and network connectivity for LBR and LRA to meet interface requirements for a turnkey solution.
- Implement interface including development, testing, documentation, training, deployment, post implementation support.
On 24th of February of this year JSC NRD in joint venture with the mother company Norway Registers Development AS has implemented Unified Registry of Beneficiaries System for Tanzania Social Action Fund (TASAF). The project was developed and system implemented by JSC NRD.
The project included development of potential beneficiaries’ database that is ready to be integrated with TASAF III PSSN Management Information System (MIS) and other key stakeholders’ MIS, development of mobile application, which supports data collection using mobile device, and development of an open API, which enables interfacing with stakeholders systems.
Users from different organizations are able to interact with the Unified Registry of Beneficiaries and extract the list of beneficiaries according to their needed criteria. It is expected that the URB will function as a baseline for current and future social protection programs.
The contract was financed by the International Development Association credit. The Government of the United Republic of Tanzania has been implementing the Tanzania Social Action Fund (TASAF) from 2000. The development team consisted of nine persons. The system was created in six months, but it will be supported for one year.
The project resulted with:
- developed Internet based application (Oracle/PHP) and mobile data collection application (Android/SQLite);
- the register integration with NIDA system;
- integration mechanism for data transfer to PSSN MIS;
- performed data migration;
- trainings of trainers and programmers conducted.
The Kosovo Cadastre Support Programme was financed by Norway, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Nations Interim Administration Mission in Kosovo, UNMIK. The Swedish part of the Programme was responsible for the consultancy services. Following an international competition, Norway Mapping Group, NMG, was selected as the supplier of these services.
The consultancy services were successfully completed by three long term experts; «The Cadastral Register Expert», «The Cadastral Programme Manager» and «The Cadastral Surveying Expert». NRD provided the «Cadastral Register Expert» and was also responsible for the team management in Kosovo. The services terminated after a period of three years, from November 2000 to November 2003.
The Programme aimed at improving the development, co-ordination and implementation of cadastral activities in Kosovo and succeeded well.
In March 2000, financed by the World Bank, NRD entered into a contract with UNMIK regarding the establishment of the Kosovo Business Registry. The agreement also covered a Register of Annual Accounts. The contract, including the legal framework, system development, implementation, training and transition support, was awarded in an open, international tender. The Agreement called for completion by 4 December 2002, at which date the Kosovo Business Registry also was delivered.
Upon request and separate agreement, extra functionality was implemented during January and February 2003. The register started operating in January 2003.
On 2005 NRD signed a subcontract with Project Management and Mapping AS on Institutional Strengthening of the Kosovo Cadastral Agency (KCA). This is one of two components in PMM’s ISCRP-contract in Kosovo – Institutional Strengthening and Cadastral Reconstruction Pilot.
The overall objective of the jointly funded Kosovo Cadastre Support Program II between three donors is aimed at developing a land administration framework that can facilitate economic growth and sustainable development in an efficient real property market. The Institutional Strengthening implies a close cooperation with KCA to assess and advice on how the institution can fulfill their tasks in an efficient and qualified manner. The Terms of Reference include three tasks:
• evaluation of the role,
- evaluation of the role, policy, and organization
- management, budgeting, and accounting
- development of a business plan over five years
The setting in which the institutional strengthening takes place opens for a close integration with the component testing field methodology to execute the cadastre reconstruction. This combination is interesting as means of selecting innovative solutions for the future creation of cadastre and register services to secure property rights and offer efficient solutions to the business community, households, and individuals.
Client: Lindbak Group (LindbakGruppen)
Date: December 2007 – May 2008
The following goals and objectives were achieved at the end of the Lindbak CRM development project:
- Lindbak CRM is to be the system for customer loyalty and communication management and it will be introduced to the market;
- Lindbak CRM is based on Bridge CRM principles but realized on Web technologies;
- Lindbak CRM can be run stand alone or integrated into external systems by standard datalayer interfaces or using SOA architecture based interfaces;
- Lindbak CRM has intuitive, web based and ergonomic Graphical user interface (GUI) and work environment.
Project product definition
The main outcome of the project is an information system with the following features:
- The system architecture is based on new technologies (.net 3.0 and WCF services).
- The system is designed to manage the following types of data and provides functionality for (Basic chain data management (central office address, store register),
- Member data management and users administration, Member loyalty data management (transactions),
- Member self service,
- Selections management (selecting, saving, merging dynamic and static member lists),
- Activities management (selecting, saving and etc.),
- Campaign management (campaign configuration), including basic loyalty rule configuration,
- Generating standard (fixed) 5 reports on the data mentioned above,
- Importing of member lists from third party systems manually,
- The system provides a standard SOA (WebServices) based interface and protocols for POS systems.
The project deliverables are:
- Final Lindbak CRM System Requirements Specification;
- Lindbak CRM system, which meets all requirements stated in the System Requirements Specification;
- Training (1-2 super-users)
- Lindbak CRM technical documentation:
- DB schema (ERD) description
- Module description (classes, WebServices)
- System Installation and configuration guide
- Administrators and CRM Users manual (in English)
- Member users manual (in English)
- NET Framework 3.5,
- Windows Communication Foundation framework,
- ADO.NET Entity Framework,
- SQL Server 2005,
- Visual Studio 2008.
Client: Project Management and Maping AS / Norwegian Mapping and Cadastre Agency
Date: April 2008 – November 2009
Project Management and Mapping AS has signed a contract with Norwegian Mapping and Cadastre Agency (NMCA) for an Extension to Component A of CONO GIP III. The Consultancy is financed by the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs through NMCA. The Extension consists of the following tasks:
- Participation in the Procurement Process;
- Transfer knowledge to private companies;
- Harmonization of Bylaws, Regulations and Technical Instructions;
- Data Model revision and harmonization;
- Quality plan for upload and distribution;
- Training and technology transfer;
- Project management and reporting.
- Cadastral Database & documentation.
- Import from temporary cadastral database implementation & documentation.
- Import from Reambulation process implementation & documentation.
Technologies: PL/SQL, Oracle RDBMS, GML, XSD, Oracle Spatial, Oracle Locator.
Global information technology and consulting group NRD Companies will contribute to the implementation of Saint Kitts and Nevis National Statistics Development Strategy (2015-2020) by developing the Statistical Business Register. The 6 months long contract was signed with the Ministry of Sustainable Development of St. Kitts and Nevis. Good, reliable statistics…
Tanzanian Business Registrations and Licensing Agency (BRELA) signed an agreement with global information technology and consulting group NRD Companies that will design and develop an Online Registration System at BRELA. The Online Registration System (ORS) solution will automate registration processes for BRELA, increase efficiency of the government services and improve…
On 30th of August of this year UAB „NRD“ has signed a contract with The Customs Department under the Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Lithuania for the development and operational support of Integrated Tariff Management System (ITVS) services. The value of the contract is 664 362,60 EUR (including VAT)….